My last resolution post looked like this:
More talking, more listening, more reading, more writing, more creating, more sharing, more laughing, more hugging, more moving, more sleeping, more cleaning, more singing, more challenging, more learning, more planning, more traveling, more cooking, more growing, more watching, more loving.
There. I resolved.
I gotta say, I'm like 80% on this one! Check it yo's, I've been doin' shit. Gettin' it done.
2012 may have not affected my waistline like I wanted, but it definitely got my heart and my mind going.
What else happened this year?
I read books. Fictional ones even.
I started learning about a new subject and enrolled in school.
I cleared out even more of my apartment.
I started juicing and have eaten more fruits and vegetables in the past year than I have probably in the whole rest of my life combined. I"m not sure if that sentence is grammatically correct...
Tried my first beet. Yes, a milestone for any 33 year old.
I got a new kitty! I needed him the most. I know it's not cool to be the crazy cat lady but I don't care. He's the cutest damn thing I've ever seen. I still have Precious, who perpetually looks even MORE pissed off now that there's another cat in the house.
The Purty Skirts had their first show! And booked their first wedding!
Started a website with my bestie.
Wrote my first crochet pattern.
It's year three of "handmade holidays" over here.
All in all, I'd call that a success. Now onto this year.
1. Health. Upon enrolling in the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, it's become more clear that I know a TON about losing weight, yet nothing about doing it in a healthy way or about keeping it off. I look forward to graduating near the end of 2013. I haven't decided specifically what to do with the education professionally, but it's already helped me a great deal in my personal life. Also, one green smoothie or juice a day, plenty of water, good sleep, and meaningful movement.
2. Mindfulness/Spirituality. I spend a lot of time being angry at those who seem to not know the difference between right and wrong...or douchey and non- douchey. I'd like to spend more time feeling happy about this world I'm participating in. I'd like to spend more time in the moment. I'd also like to let go of the things that I can't know for sure and learn to trust the universe more.
3. Writing. I'd like to write more. About whatever strikes my fancy.
4. Music. More music and singing is always welcome. Book more gigs with The Purty Skirts. Maybe do some recording. See more live music. Do more karaoke. Work on original arrangements.
5. Continue with getting my apartment in order. And maybe I'll label some crap to. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Paint? New floors? More yarn?
6. Simplicity. Be more with less. Less stuff, less stress. I also want to continue to make my own household cleaners. Stop laughing, I like it.
7. Money. Save it and spend less. Haha, it sounds so easy easy doesn't it....this plan needs it's own post.
8. Create. Focus on the etsy shop but not in an "all or nothing" kind of way. Find a pace that works for me and my life at the moment.
9. Business. Work on the sites and set a workable routine for posting content.
10. Happiness. Choose to be happy. Needless suffering is for losers!
That seems like a huge list. But a fun one! Who's with me!?
Thanks for readin' nerds!!